Now for the winning pattern...
|Simplicity 1696--Amazing Fit Jean|
Looking back at February's Goals
I successfully completed my Little White Dress and entered it into the Pattern Review Contest. I came no where near winning, but that was not the goal. I learned and practiced many new techniques and actually finished a large project that I might have set down and and disappointed myself, had I not had the contest. That is what the contest is for me. Incentive. Inspiration.
|Middle Son's New Ethan Button Down|
I participated in The Monthly Stitch's February Pants Challenge using the Named Jamie Jean, which I will be using to enter into the Pattern Review New to Me Pattern Contest. Don't worry, it is not a winning entry. I had originally planned to make a pair of dress pants for Mr. Toad, but that had to on hold for some pressing unplanned projects.
In addition to Mr. Toad's unfinished dress pants, I didn't finish the safari jacket that I planned to enter into the Inspired by the Movies Contest. There was a lot more hand work, that slowed me down. I plan to pick it up again around Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.
I also fell behind in the Marfy Free Pattern Sew Along with A Challenging Sew. I wanted to wait for the jacket before sewing the skirt. Luckily, Leisa is postponing the jacket until May. I think she was reading my mind on needing a break from so much hand sewing.
The unplanned projects were a set of fleece hoody and pants, a pair of long johns, and some machine embroidered award ribbons that I had to design, digitize a design, embroider and sew.
I really don't think that I did too bad. I did a lot in a very short month. Yes, two or three days are a lot.
Looking Forward to March
March has new goals and some unfinished older goals. Some based on need. Some based on wants.
- 6-8 Neckerchiefs for scout troop (before March 4)
- Badge sash for 2-3 boys in scout troop (before March 4)
- Miss Bossy Patterns Challenge--Simplicity 1696 Amazing Fit Jeans
- Pattern Review Fitted Blouse Challenge
- Finish the Safari Jacket
- Make Youngest Son a safety orange fleece hoody
- Make Youngest Son his own Ethan Button Down Shirt
- Make Youngest Son a pair of shorts
- Make Middle Son a pair of shorts
- Maybe...finish Mr. Toad's dress pants, but with a less expensive poly blend gaberdine