|Side view of the inside of the|
dress before the zipper.
I thought I would be done and have photos and a review ready last night.
Today was supposed to be my last self-imposed deadline. I really couldn't see why I wouldn't be done. I finally had the zipper in, the lining ready to put in and a hem.
And then...I tried it on.
It zipped up perfectly. This was my concern. It was a little difficult because I really am not Elastic Girl (remember the Incredibles?). But I managed. Then I turned and could not figure out why it was so ripply.
Did I not get the seams smooth? They were smooth.
Was it too tight? Too loose? No, it had just the right amount of ease.
I played with the midriff band and the bodice. I pulled the midriff up and that was it!
I need a HUGE, sway back adjustment.
I guess I know where some of the weight I lost came from. I'm hoping this is the last adjustment I will need. I am thinking of ways to alter it if I lose more and need it taken in. I do know that if I am going to make this pattern again I will need to buy the next size down and start over. I will need to remember about the sway back adjustment.
|Finished seams with catch stitching. These will be hidden|
under the lining.
So, I'm off to remove a zipper, catch stitches, and the midriff/bodice back seam. Then, I'll do it all again. Maybe some movies while I do the hand work!
The only pictures are the side and the front inside showing the finished seams.
Off to find my seam ripper!