My sewing goals are pretty boring for non-sewers, but I'm a sewer--so I'm excited.
Here they are:
- Participate in at least ten Sewing Pattern Review contests, I'm not in it to win. It is a good way to hone the sewing skills and help plan what to sew when.
- Review at least 20 new-to-me sewing patterns. I have been sewing mostly the same patterns for a while and need some variety. It is also a way to give back to the sewing community by saving sewers from poor patterns and helping them find good ones.
- Participate in the 2014 Ready-To-Wear Fast on GoodByeValentino.com. I plan to write a post specific to that in the next few days. I also hate shopping for clothes that either don't right or I don't like. I mean, an item that fits, with features and fabric I like is awesome. Plus, I'm cheap and love to save money.
- I also want to sew more consistently for my two younger sons (9 and almost 13) and my husband. They have requests that I just haven't done all of it.I also want to blog regularly, to help hold me accountable and build my skills. Plus, I'm sure my non-sewing friends might be pleased that I find others to discuss sewing with them. Seriously, why don't they think its exciting to sew French charmeuse without pickers? I mean, come on, it really is pretty cool. It isn't meant to be bragged, but amazing that the folded up cloth can be transformed into something real
- Use up at least 50% of my fabric stash. More would also be ok.
Happy New Year and Productive Sewing in2114.